I’m not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you…Posted: July 14, 2008
After the last few weeks I’ve come to realize some things. Namely, the Barack Obama that I fell in love with in the primaries was a lie. The Obama that’s been operating for the last month or so since he clinched the Democratic nomination is not the Obama who I so strongly supported during the primaries.
I’m having a serious case of buyer’s remorse.
To wit here are some things I wish I’d known about Barack before I, foolishly, cast my vote for him:
- Obama is not the messiah.
- Obama is a politician.
- The Barack Obama campaign is about electing Barack Obama president.
- Obama is a “together” person and “together” people have something to hide.
- Obama is willing to use his family to gain political acceptance.
- Obama does not believe the exact same things I do.
- Obama is a secret Muslim.
I welcome any fellow (former) Obama supporters to add things I that they wish they’d know about Obama before they voted for him in the primaries.