Coyness is nice, and coyness can stop you, from saying all the things in life you’d like to…Posted: April 1, 2008
In this edition of our link-blogging feature “Wish I’d Said That…” we enter a new era. Done are the Star Wars titles for these posts! It is a BRAVE NEW WORLD folks.
Can anyone tell me where I got this title from?
On to the links:
- Matthew Yglesias on contingency & patriotism.
- Now I think I’ve made it clear that in this crazy Presidential contest that I support Obama. Now here Historiann highlights some of the sexist treatment Clinton has received from the press and Obama supporters. This is something I completely agree with. Clinton has gotten a lot of sexist shit (some of which I have witnessed first hand) from my fellow Obama supporters. It needs to stop. Not only is it as bad a the racist shit that’s been thrown at Obama but it makes our candidate look bad and we should be better than that. The racist cant directed at Obama is wrong and the sexist cant directed at Clinton is wrong. And everyone should say that. Even if you don’t support Clinton.
- Warren Ellis on his superhero work.
- Required Eric & Ari link: Eric on the past & future of American liberalism.
- New site design for Scary Go Round.
- Eric Alterman on the future of the newspaper.
- (Via Ezra Klein) Why CNN continues to allow this man on the TV baffles my tiny brain.
- An interesting Mario Kart (Wii) review.
- Fan reaction to the Superman legal cluster-fuck. Somehow, this is not surprising. Fans want their comics, goddamn it, and we can’t let a little thing like creator rights or justice get in the way.
- Marvel B0y fake!!?!?! Oh noes!
I think that’s all for now.