Episode VI: Return of the LinksPosted: March 24, 2008
Lots Star Wars title for this feature, let me tell you. *sniff* I know I’ll miss them.
Anyway, here are some things other people wrote.
- 4000 American service persons are now dead because of the Iraq War.
- Now I need some levity: how did I miss this? I believe it is the most awesome, most hilarious thing I’ve seen about Marvel this year. I guess they should just treat their low-level employees better. Or this is a fake. Either way, hilarity.
- (Via Blog@Newsarama) Here is a review of the script for the Scott Pilgrim movie. I remain ambivalent about the how project. The script review does nothing to change that.
- Here is a great discussion of Obama’s now-famous speech on race and the conservative reaction to it. There’s a bit more here. (While you’re at Crooked Timber check out this bit on economists and lay people)
- A very great piece on the historical memory of Reconstruction at the Edge of the American West. Honestly, I don’t think we could have this feature without linking to something by either Eric or Ari.
- Ok. More on Obama & race. Holy shit this is awful. I think this whole Obama/Wright thing brought out the worse in people.
- Reading this brought back bad memories from day’s in comic retailing. Honestly, people if you shop at decent comics store you should thank them for all the hard work that is required to get you your books week after week. Of course, there are bad comics shops out there.
- (Via Yglesias) Did you know that John McCain almost became a Democrat once? And now he is the nominee of the Republican Party? Bush’s America is a strange place.
- Alright. More Obama, race, conseravatives, and the rest.
- Perhaps the best thing I have ever read on Clinton and gender. Wow, wow, wow.
- Newsflash: Captain Cold likes his women hot. Blargh.
The question now is… what sort of scheme will I use for titles in the future?